Monday, October 15, 2012

"I'm not f**king Justin Beiber you motherf**kers!" - Billie Joe painting finished!

All done finally with this painting now, very happy with how it turned out. First off, this is entirely inspired by Sebastian Kruger, unashamedly so - the guy always has been an inspiration to my work, and always sets the standard that (in my dreams) I want to achieve. In doing this, I've roughly followed the steps he takes in the hope of learning something. I think I have, and I started to get an idea of techniques I might want to pursue in searching for my own style.

Here is a sequence of pics showing pretty much the whole thing start to finish:

This one show a couple of detail areas at the early block in stage and at the finished stage:

And here's a couple of me with the painting - it's a good size!

Oh, and the post title - Google it and you'll find Billie Joe doing a proper rockstar rant on stage and I just had to use that line for the title of the painting ;)

7 comments:

stevec said...

Very cool.

stevec said...

Ever think about doing one of Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters II for Halloween? I did a big one of Vigo myself a few years ago, and even though the likeness is not very good, people love that thing. I'm sure if you did one it would come out about 1000x better than mine did.

David Dunne Art said...

Hey Neil
I wanted to leave another comment on this piece after seeing all the additional photos on your blog. Its an excellent piece its quite a big one. I think were both big huge admirers of Sebastian kruger his work continues to blow me away, I really like the way you are learning from his process when I first saw the painting I thought thats very krugereske so it was nice to hear you were following a similar process the results show. I still havent finalised my own process and I continue to jump from oils to acrylics. keep up the good work

Neil Davies said...

Thanks David, your work is amazing so that means a lot. I'd love to do something this big in oils, but I couldn't afford the paint! :)

Mark Heng said...

Nice to see the finished piece and thanks for sharing the process! Great job.

icebound said...

It's ALIVE! awesome job

Anonymous said...

I've never found anything definitive on the net, what is Krugers actual process step wise???