Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

I haven't done a large acrylic painting for ages and as I have a bit of space now in my office/studio room I thought it was about time I did one! I've wanted to do a picture of Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander for a while (since seeing the David Fincher version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) and so I got a canvas (150cm x 100cm) and planned what I was going to do.

There was a shot in the film I wanted to paint that had her sat in profile, similar to the image used for many of the film's posters.

Sorry for the poor phone photo, at some point I will take a decent shot of it :)

So there it is, if anyone likes it and wants to buy it, make me an offer (I'll probably take it as I don't have room to keep it!) - e-mail me ;)

Now though I have a new big scary white canvas looking at me and a new painting planned - this one is going to ROCK! Stayed tuned ;)

No comments: