Friday, March 30, 2012

John Larroquette for The Wall Street Journal

Very pleased to post this new caricature which was done for The Wall Street Journal and was in the paper yesterday (and online here). Really exciting to see my work in such a well known publication. The job went really well and I'm hopeful it might be the first of many. I probably stayed a bit safe with this, not being too sure what they might want from me. Could've exaggerated a lot more, but I'm happy with the likeness (although I'm not very familiar with the subject) and most importantly the WSJ were very happy. Pleased with the pose and values also, could perhaps have gone further with detail but I didn't want it to look too photoreal.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Really please for you, Neil. Here's to more commissions like this one!

Neil Davies said...

Thanks Louise :)