Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"Sheldon's Dream"



OK so here's the fun personal project I've been working on for a while - my little tribute to The Big Bang Theory and Forbidden Planet (one of my favourite TV shows and one of my all time favourite movies).

I did it in a simpler more cartoony style than I usually try, I'm not very good at it yet and it shows, but I learnt quite a bit. I tried to keep the background of the dream as close to the movie as possible - the colours are based closely on it and the costumes are also close to the film. The 'Id Monster' was a lot of fun to do (although there is a bit of artistic license in showing it at all - brownie points for those who know why) and I had a ball putting on layer after layer of detail and lighting.

I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't get Robby the Robot in the main picture, but once I'd decided to add the dreaming Sheldon it was a no-brainer to add him clutching a toy Robby while asleep. I love that little Robby!

Here's the main pic without the bottom section:



I've added it to my RedBubble site, so you can buy t-shirts of it now by clicking here.

2 comments:

Christa79 said...

Awesome job! Love it! :)

klomster said...

this is nice! i love the big bang theory.