Friday, August 06, 2010

Pencil sketches


One thing I have never done enough of - ever, not just now - is regular pencil sketching. So I'm trying to get back in the habit by doodling some things in a sketchbook. These are a few quick photos of a few pages - all BAD - although I quite like my sketch of Benedict Cumberbatch (what an awesome name!) as Sherlock Holmes (a new modernised Holmes made by the BBC, for you Johnny Foreigners who haven't heard of it) on the far right. Might do a Watson and make a painting of that soon.

So anyway, I'll keep doing these and maybe post more soon if any more of them aren't utterly dreadful...

5 comments:

Nelson Santos said...

nice set of doodles.

kencoogan said...

Neil, funny you should post this, I was thinking exactly the same thing myself. I've become so used to working digitally that I'd be struggling to tell you when the last time I did a pencil sketch was.
These are really nice and FAR from bad by the way.

Will said...

Great Cumberbatch! Would be cool to see Martin Freeman as Watson too!

em... said...

It's been a long time since I sketched anything with a pencil, or used any medium that wasn't digital. I should try and get back into it too.

I've got a just started sketch of Benedict Cumberbatch on the go as well. He's an excellent Holmes in an excellent series.

Neil Davies said...

Look forward to seeing that Euan!