Thursday, August 26, 2010

More oil painting practice

This time I'm trying to paint a portrait of my lovely old dog Darwin (who sadly died in January 2009). No real clue if how I'm painting it is how you're supposed to paint in oils, but so far so good I think and we'll see what happens! Might have to get some fast-dry medium though as I'd like to paint on this as a base but not mix into it too much. Kind of like saving a digital painting at a certain point and going back to it? No? No, maybe not.. :P

Anyway this is fun and I've made myself a handy glass palette on a little side unit I use for storage and that feels really comfortable to use. Hopefully I'm creeping towards a solid set up that I can work from and start trying different things with oils.



EDIT: And a bit more:

4 comments:

kencoogan said...

Looks like your really getting the hang of the oils Neil!
Oh to have the time........

ian said...

I'll second that Neil, looks like you're doing just fine to me!

Neil Davies said...

Thanks guys, I'm just slapping it on and hoping for the best...!

SEILER said...

Looking great!