Saturday, March 06, 2010

His Infallibleness Pope Benedict XVI


Well this was loads of fun and a lot of work as it turned out! But, the good news is it was only started Thursday afternoon, and I did the staff today to finish it. If I'd need to I could have finished yesterday easily but I had a commission to finish also. That's not bad speed for me, definitely getting quicker.

This was inspired by the excellent and very funny blog Science, Reason and Critical Thinking by Crispian Jago. Specifically his post about the Pope the title of which I won't repeat here - check out the blog to find out what it is!

Might add more to this yet though, I've been trying to think of something funny to put on that big white hat of his but haven't come up with anything good enough. And maybe some frilly knickers around his ankles too...

I like that if you didn't look closely this might look like a fairly respectful caricature of Herr Ratz :)

11 comments:

R.Kamal said...

absolutely fantastic!!!

BODARD said...

Ex-cel-lent !!!! Great piece, like it !

Anuraj said...

fantastic

ioo said...

Funny!! Thanx to share this.

SEILER said...

Nice job man.

Patrick Strogulski said...

He, he, great piece, i´m sure he wears this shoes in his free time ;-)

marilo said...

Wahoo! really great! Bravo!

Thomas Fluharty said...

Brilliant Neil, VERY funny.Love it~T

Adrian Lubbers said...

Unreal. The textures are amazing, not to mention the overall likeness itself.

Jberd said...

Really nice! Hey I got an idea why don't you put "I'm a satanic pedophile" on his hat, that would be true to life.

thanassis tsitsikas said...

fan-ta-stic!!!