Saturday, November 28, 2009

New PC, new monitor, new software... Angelina Jolie!



Upgraded my system just recently (it needed it) so now I have a decent size monitor and a quick PC to work on. Also got Autodesk Sketchbook Pro which is awesome - played with a trial for a while but finally took the plunge.

This is a piece I just did today using all those things; I need to work on my sketching technique as it's not great and I just don't do it enough - but this turned out OK. It was so much fun to do!

7 comments:

Miguel Garrido said...

Excellent cartoons!!! congratulation

Pia Nygaard Pedersen said...

her head looks a littel like a cranial, creepy but cool

Mark Heng said...

Funny! Me gusta. Love the crazy perspective, too.

So, what's the advantage of Sketchbook Pro over Photoshop?

Neil Davies said...

Thanks Mark - for me Sketchbook is much quicker and smoother to use than sketching in Photoshop. I'd still use Photoshop for painting, but Sketchbook is best for drawing.

Will Appledorn said...

Nice! i wouldn't have expected those exaggerations to work, but they do, quite well.

reminds me of Jan Op de Beeck sketches

Big Sam said...

Dude! I love you for this!

bernd weidenauer said...

hi neil,

yes, thats right with sketchbook. i am using it for years now and am still using it a lot for live-work and at home for sketching...
great worx,
greetings,
bernd